In our ever changing, growingly competitive workforce, we can inevitably see the technological economic and social forces that are transforming so many industries in different areas of work. The end goal is to stay updated and know what those skills are, how to acquire them, and what the payoff will be. It is essential not to remain stagnant, but at all times open to learning new things, giving you great exposure for your own personal professional advancement.
Being Socially Intelligent:
- Ability to collaborate well and work with others. Knowing how to act and react appropriately in various situations.
- Ability to interact with others and develop meaningful relationships.
- Ability to adjust to new work environments and changing conditions.
Bilingual or Multilingual
- The economy is more global than ever. Picking up a second or third language can only set you apart from future competition.
- Learn to adapt to different cultural norms. Whether your work brings you to another country or you interact with those of varying backgrounds on a daily basis.
- Processing skills and knowledge in more than one area of work. This will only increase your ability to solve multifaceted problems.
Come to the Center for Career Planning for advice on enhancing your professional development. We are glad to help you identify your career goals and get to know your industry area! Make an appointment today by calling 757-594-8887 or visiting Christopher Newport Hall 305.